Six stadiums to be used for the AFC Asian Cup China 2023 are under construction, the Preparatory Office of the tournament has announced.
Six of the 10 host cities - Chongqing, Xi'an, Xiamen, Suzhou, Shanghai and Chengdu - have started building the football arenas for the tournament. Dalian and Qingdao will start their football projects in late September or early October.
Beijing's Workers' Stadium and Tianjin's Teda Football Stadium will start their transformation into professional football arenas later in 2020.
"The AFC Asian Cup China 2023 will leave us valuable legacies. Ten football arenas will be a major boost to China's football industry and infrastructure," said Shi Qiang, Secretary General of the Preparatory Office of the AFC Asian Cup China 2023.
The AFC Asian Cup China 2023 will feature 24 of the continent's best teams. It will be the second time China PR will host the continent's premier national team tournament, having hosted the 2004 edition.
Sources: xinhuanet.com, AFP
- Jordan to host AFC Women’s Club Championship 2021 – Pilot Tournament !
- Host of AFC Asian Cup 2027 To Be Decided In 2022
- AFC Prez Sends Best Wishes To Asian Teams & Officials For 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games
- AFC Cancels Annual Awards Doha 2021
- Futsal Development Underlined At AFC Club Licensing Task Force Meeting