All Nepal Football Association (ANFA) has taken action against Lalitpur DFA president Purushottam Thapa for his "remarks".
Thapa has been suspended till next ANFA's general assembly. The suspension starts from Jestha 5 (May 18).
What is the issue?
Lalitpur DFA president Purushottam Thapa criticized ANFA on ANFA day (Baisakh 22) at group chat formed for A, B & C division clubs.
Replying to the message posted by ANFA VP Pankaj Nembang, Thapa wrote in Nepali ('आज एन्फा दिवस होइन। चोरहरूको श्री गणेश डे हो।').
The statement angered the FA and it asked him to furnish clarification within two days. Thapa did but the FA wasn't satisfied with his clarification and they have now imposed a suspension.
Thapa is in the alliance with the presidents of Kathmandu, Dhadhing and Bhaktapur. They are accusing ANFA and the current leadership for being corrupt.
ANFA said the decision was made by disciplinary committee as per ANFA statutes. They said Thapa was fined for breaching the code.
Now the presidents of these agitated district FAs along with Banke & Kailali have condemed the decision made by ANFA.
- ANFA Creates Jobs For AFC Licensed Coaches !
- ANFA Meets With Nepal APF & Nepal Police To Discuss About Development Of The Game
- ANFA Holds Webinar About Club Licensing With A Division Clubs
- ANFA Webinar Reviews Online Reporting System
- ANFA Conducting Various Coaching Courses But Taking Certain Charge
Latest Update From Dasharath Stadium