The Iran Pro League will resume on June 11, the Iran Football League Organisation has announced.
All sports activities in Islamic Republic of Iran were suspended on March 11, following the outbreak of the COVID-19 coronavirus.
The season was halted with nine rounds remaining.
On Saturday, President of the Islamic Republic of Iran Hassan Rouhani said the competition will resume under strict health protocol.
“The football leagues will restart after the holy month of Ramadan but the competitions must be played behind closed doors,” Rouhani said.
Persepolis were leading the standings on 47 points with Sepahan and Tractor 10 behind.
- Asian Stars Inspire Fans To Join AFC’s #StayActive Challenge
- More Icons Join #BreakTheChain Movement To Spread COVID-19 Awareness
- AFC Partners With IFRC To Help Affected COVID-19 Communities
- Asian Stars Continue To Build Resilient Communities In AFC’s #StayActive Series
- Qatar Stars League To Resume On July 24