POWER and SPEED are key to over 90 % of sports. If you can improve these, you will take your performance/game to a different level.
The key to developing POWER and SPEED is to first develop strength first. You need build that brute strength which can help you build HIGH quality power and speed.
I would advise every sportsmen and sportswomen in Nepal to do strength training, especially National football players. If you want to get better, then you have to be stronger first.
The important thing about strength training is you have to be consistent. It has to be part of your professionalism.
YOU EITHER USE IT or LOSE IT.
I have developed this 1-month training program for our NATIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS. It’s simple but very effective. The beauty of this program is anyone who puts in the effort can do this.
5 X 5 workout (5 sets of 5 reps)
1. Go to the gym 3 times a week for 1 month.
2. If you are a beginner, before following the below workout plan, you need to get your base strength and conditioning level up. You can do this by doing bodyweight exercises for 2-3 weeks. Then follow the below program.
3. Example: Do workout A on Monday, workout B on Wednesday, workout A on Friday. Basically, you ALTERNATE between Workout A and Workout B every session.
4. Add 2 or 2.5kg every workout session on everything except pullups and dips.
5. For pullups and dips, increase 1 REP every workout session.
Rest 2-3 minute between sets.
If you feel tired, you can rest more. The important thing is to perform high quality of REPs.
Start with a weight you are comfortable with in the 1st week, then you can build up with 2.5 kg each session from WEEK 2.
Going up the weight every session means you are PROGRESSING, therefore you will get stronger.
Squat – 5 sets x 5 reps
Bench press– 5 sets x 5 reps
Bulgarian split squat- 3sets of 5 reps (each leg)
Inverted row– 5 sets x 5 reps
Deadlift – 5 sets x 5 reps
Overhead shoulder press – 5 sets x 5 reps
Pull ups- 3 sets X 6 reps
Dips – 3 sets X 10 reps