India FA is hosting Intercontinental Cup from June 1-10, 2018 which will see the Indian National Team competing with the likes of South Africa, New Zealand and Chinese Taipei.
The Hero Intercontinental Cup which will be telecast live on Star Sports has been planned to be an annual event and will thus have representation from the CAF region in the form of South Africa, New Zealand from the Oceania, and Chinese Taipei from the AFC.
Indian FA said that the respective FAs of all the participating teams will be sending their first Teams for the competition as per the agreements signed.
The tournament is being organised to strengthen India’s preparation for the AFC Asian Cup UAE 2019, their second qualification to the Continental Championship in 8 years and fourth overall, the last being in Doha 2011.
The Indian National Team which has been on upsurge over the last couple of years are currently ranked 97 (as per April 2018 FIFA Rankings) and were on an unbeaten run for 12 official matches for a span which extended from June 2016 to November 2017.
Bangladesh is hosting SAFF Championship 2018 in Dhaka from September 4-11. India is not sure to send its first team to the competition.
(Release from AIFF)
- Nepal Government Is Ready To Pay NRs 10 Crore To Bring SAFF Championship 2021 Home
- Nepal To Host SAFF Championship 2021 !
- Announcement Of SAFF Championship 2021 Host In The First Week Of August
- It's Confirmed - No SAFF Championship 2021 In Bangladesh !
- Nepal Must Use Dasharath & Pokhara Stadium For SAFF Championship 2021
SAFF Championship 2018: Nepal Ready For Maldives