Nepal could have easily qualified to the final had they defeated India in SAFF U20 match played today. Not only Nepal, Bangladesh could have also confirmed their place in the showdown.
But the story is now completely different. India surprisingly mauled Nepal 8-0 at Kalinga stadium to collect six points from three matches.
What is the equation now ?
Bangladesh are atop with nine points. India and Nepal have six points each but hosts have better goal difference.
If more than two teams finish on the top of the table with equal points, then the head-to-head record, goal difference and better goals scored among three teams will come into effect.
A draw against Nepal is good enough for Bangladesh to confirm their final berth. But if Nepal wins the match greater than two-goal margin, junior Gorkhali will secure their place in the final. India will play the final if they beat Maldives.
When are the matches scheduled ?
Now Nepal will play against Bangladesh and India meets already-out Maldives on July 2.
Final match is slated for August 5.
- SAFF To Wait Until 23 August To Revise Fixtures Of SAFF Women's Championship
- SAFF U20 Championship Final: India Vs Bangladesh Today
- SAFF U20 Championship: Nepal U20 Vs Bangladesh U20 - LIVE
- Wanna Work For South Asian Football Federation? Please Apply
- SAFF U20 Championship: Nepal U20 Vs India U20 - LIVE
Meghraj KC: We Are Unaware About Our Opponents