Due to the lack of cooperation from the All Nepal Football Association (ANFA) and opposition from disgruntled clubs, a joint meeting of ten teams affiliated with the organizers Nepal Sports and Event Management Company and Nepal Super League has clarified that the competition will not be held on time.
The commencement date for the second edition of the NSL was set for April 8. The competition's date had just recently been accepted by ANFA. The organizers and participating teams announced in a joint press release published after the meeting that they were unable to participate in the competition due to conflicts with A division clubs and a delay in forming a committee to resolve the issue.
NSL has urged that ANFA automatically extend the present agreement and that the competition be held during the months of September and October, with appropriate preparatory time in the coming days to avoid competing with other contests.
The organizers and NSL squad have accused ANFA officials of bias towards NSL for permitting NSL to run the second edition of the competition only 15 days ahead of schedule and for granting Gold Cups across the country to be held during NSL.
- Six5Six Unveil Biratnagar City FC Kits For The New NSL Season
- Next ANFA Ex-Co Meeting To Discuss Regarding NSL & SAFF Women's Championship
- ANFA Cancels The Agreement With Nepal Super League
- ANFA Allocates New Dates For Nepal Super League Season Two
- ANFA Proposes New Dates For The Second Edition Of Nepal Super League