Jhapa XI defender Devendra Tamang has been adjudged the 'most valuable player, MVP' of the fifth Jhapa Gold Cup 2078. He received one Yamaha motorcycle as the prize.
Towards other individual awards, Bikesh Kuthu of Tribhuwan Army was named the goalkeeper of the tournament. Andreas Nia, who represented Jhapa XI in the tournament was named the best midfielder, Manoj Rai was named the best defender and Tek Bahadur Budathoki, who scored in the final was named the best forward. Bimal Gharti Magar finished the tournament as the highest goalscorer with five goals. All of the received Rs. 21,000 in cash prize.
Bishal Rai 'A' received 'lifetime achievement award' as well today and received a motorcycle as well.
Earlier today, Tribhuwan Army FC lifted the title of fifth Jhapa Gold Cup 2078. Army defeated Jhapa XI 2-1 today in the final held at Domalal Rajbanshi Stadium in Birtamod to clinch the title.
Army received Rs. 12,55,000 in cash, while the runners-up Jhapa XI had to make do with Rs. 6,05,000.
- Jhapa: Hosts Birtamod United Enters SFs Of Indo-Nepal Challenge Cup
- Jhapa: Anee Indo-Nepal Challenge Cup Kicks Off
- Jhapa: Birtamod United FC Organizing Indo-Nepal Challenge Cup From Mangsir 21
- Jhapa: Hosts Manaslu Youth Club Into The Final Of ANFA Referee Late Khem Tamang Memorial Tournament
- Jhapa: Khem Tamang Memorial Knockout Tournament From Karthik 14
5th Jhapa Gold Cup: Jhapa XI Vs Sankata Club (2-0) - MATCH HIGHLIGHTS