The season of the Martyrs' Memorial A Division League is now in its second round. If one looks back on Monday, there will be two games with no goals and two goalless draws.
However, the final scores in both games do not tell the whole tale. Two matches were diametrically opposed to one another.
Brigade Boys Club and New Road Team did not perform up to expectations. Both teams tried a variety of tactics, including playing direct, putting in crosses, and even attempting to create down the middle.
But neither club was able to find a way to put the ball in the back of the net. It was a fairly dull ninety minutes of football for the audience.
The nighttime match between the Tribhuwan Army and Machhindra was a far cry from the afternoon contest. Unlike the BBC and NRT, these two teams appeared to have a predetermined strategy.
The defending champs, Machhindra, dominated the encounter. They had more shots on goal and appeared to be the favorites to score first, but Army held them off throughout the game.
What we saw yesterday is that scorelines, no matter how impressive, do not reveal the entire story. This season's league season will be as unexpected and competitive as they come.
So go to the stadium when you can, watch games on TV, or keep up with what's going on. It's a season that won't disappoint you.
- Aaha! Rara Gold Cup: Machhindra Thrash Defending Champs Sankata And Quality For Final Four
- Aaha! Rara Gold Cup: Sankata vs Machhindra LIVE
- Aaha! Rara Gold Cup: Sankata vs Machhindra Today
- Machhindra FC To Play Against Blue Star FC, Sri Lanka In First Round Of AFC Cup Qualifiers
- Bimal Gharti Magar Shines In Machhindra Win Over Brigade Boys Club
Tibhuwan Army FC Vs Nepal Police Club - Check Out Both GOALS (VIDEO)