Toothless Nepal has gone 0-2 down to low-ranked Bangladesh in the first friendly match played at Bangabandhu stadium on Friday.
Ziban (10') and Mahubur Rahman (80') scored apiece for the hosts to ensure a deserving win in front of surprising 7,000 fans.
Bangladesh started the game in a cautious note but they managed to open the firing early in 10th minute. Poor Nepalese defense line was exposed when unmarked Ziban nicely placed the ball in, giving choke to goalie Kiran Chemjong.
Nepal controlled the ball possession for most of the time but goal counts in the game. Despite their ball control, they were unable to create panic in Bangladeshi defense line. Bangladesh goalie was hardly tested.
Second goal that Bangladesh scored was largely to be blamed for the defense line, again. A combo of Ajit Bhandari and Ananta Tamang failed to mark advancing Rahman, who nicely placed the ball into the net from close range.
It is definitely important to mention that Nepal were playing without eight players, among them five were regulars. Seven players are infected with coronavirus whereas another one is injured.
Second friendly match will be played on November 17, 2020.
- Nepal Drops One Position Down In FIFA World Ranking
- AFC Asian Cup China 2023™ Qualifiers Final Round To Be Played In Centralised Venues
- Nepal Returns Home From Maldives; Government Announces Nrs 5 Lakh Each
- Nepal Coach AA Urges Nepali Fans To Welcome The Team At The Airport In Grand Fashion
- Kusma Municipality Announces Nrs 2 Lakh For Nepal National Team
Coach AA Not Happy With Indian Coach Igor Stimac