The Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) has decided to disburse 17,500 tickets per match day as complimentary tickets, leaving only 5,500 seats for general spectators during the SAFF Championship, the daily Star has reported.
SAFF championship 2018 is kicking off on September 4 in Dhaka.
The newspaper reported that BFF made decision to disburse that number of tickets to fill the stadium during SAFF championship.
The game's local governing body may also have kept the spectators' dwindling interest in local football in mind before fixing the prices of the tickets; seats at the gallery cost Tk 20, while the VIP gallery costs Tk 50, the newspaper added.
However, they have seemingly not thought of seating arrangements for the spectators.
The present condition of the BNS is miserable, especially in the galleries where the chairs are completely unusable and there are hardly any open spaces from where one can enjoy the match, barring the VIP galleries and a part of the western gallery, the newspaper further added.
Nepal are grouped with Bangladesh, Bhutan and Pakistan whereas India are grouped with Sri Lanka and Maldives.
Pic: The Daily Star
- SAFF Championship 2023 Wam Up: Pakistan Announces Preliminary Squad
- Opponent Watch: India, Pakistan Playing Tournaments Ahead Of SAFF Championship
- SAFF Championship 2023: Nepal Groups With India, Kuwait & Pakistan
- SAFF Confirms Kuwait Participation In 14th SAFF Championship
- SAFF To Wait Until 23 August To Revise Fixtures Of SAFF Women's Championship
Meghraj KC: We Are Unaware About Our Opponents