Mechi stadium is set to host a national-level football tournament for the first time in 18 years. Bhadrapur Gold Cup, which is set to be held in the month of Falgun will be the first tournament at the stadium in 18 years. Tribhuvan Gold Cup, which is one of the oldest Gold Cups in Nepal, held at Mechi Stadium, has been discontinued since 2061.
Organizers have already commenced restoring and renovating the stadium for the tournament.
On Friday, ANFA president Pankaj Bikram Nembang and other officials meet the organizing committee officials and pledged support for the event.
Bhadrapur Jhapa Gold Cup, which will be held for the first time under Bhadrapur municipality's patronage, will host a few A Division league clubs as well some international teams.
Bhadrapur Municipality has allocated a budget of 30 lakh rupees for the Gold Cup in the current financial year.
The winners of the tournament to be held in Falgun's second week will receive 13 lakh rupees while the runners-up will receive six lakhs.
The best goalkeeper, best defender, best midfielder, best forward and best coach of the tournament will each get 25 thousand rupees. Similarly, the man of the match of each match will get Rs 10,000 in cash.
- Jhapa: Bagan Youth Club Wins Title Of Buttabari United Cup
- Jhapa: Bagan Youth Enters Final Of Buttabari Open Football Champioship
- Jhapa: Birtamod United FC Enters SFs Of Buttabari Open Championship
- Jhapa: Youth Of Khudunabari Entes SFs Of Buttabari Inter Club Championship
- Jhapa: Buttabari United Inter Club Chamionship Kicks Off
JALTHAL FC JHAPA ENTERS SFs 2nd BHAGIMAN MEMORIAL CUP