The South Asian Football Federation’s Executive Committee meeting held virtually on 17 August 2022 has decided to wait until 23 August 2022 to revise the fixtures of SAFF Women’s Championship and SAFF U17 Championship which will then be released on 24 August 2022. This is pursuant to the understanding that there may be further developments to the suspension imposed by FIFA on India.
If the FIFA decision remains the same, the competition format of the SAFF U17 Championship scheduled to take place in Sri Lanka from 5 September 2022 shall be altered. As for the SAFF Women’s Championship, the format and group placing will remain the same, with six teams divided into two groups.
In the meeting, General Secretary of the All Nepal Football Association and President of the Football Federation of Sri Lanka informed about the preparations for the tournaments, assuring it would be held smoothly.
The meeting also approved the competition calendar for the year 2023. The competition calendar is in line with the AFC Competition Calendar for 2023 and 2024.
The following youth competitions shall take place under the FIFA Forward Program:
- SAFF U20Women’s Championship (3-13 Feb 2023/ Tentative)
- SAFF U17 Women’s Championship (10-20 March 2023/ Tentative)
- SAFF U19 Championship (In between July- Aug 2023/ Tentative)
- SAFF U16 Championship (In between Sept- Oct 2023/ Tentative )
- SAFF Championship 2023 Wam Up: Pakistan Announces Preliminary Squad
- Opponent Watch: India, Pakistan Playing Tournaments Ahead Of SAFF Championship
- SAFF Championship 2023: Nepal Groups With India, Kuwait & Pakistan
- SAFF Confirms Kuwait Participation In 14th SAFF Championship
- SAFF U20 Championship Final: India Vs Bangladesh Today
Meghraj KC: We Are Unaware About Our Opponents