The home team Mangsebung Village Sports Development Committee has entered the final of the 12th Atmananda Cup Knockout Football Tournament with a hard-fought victory.
In the first semi-final, they defeated Phidim Sporting Club 6-5 in sudden death and came one step closer to the title
Mangsebung took the lead in the game through a goal by Prabin Rai during the injury time of the first half. But Suman Limbu scored for Phidim in the 53rd minute to level the match.
In the penalty shootout, Nishan Bhujel, Pravin Rai, Nirmal Rai, Arjun Rai, Nitesh Rai and Nishan Rai scored for Mangsebung while Zidane Rai's strike came off the post.
Similarly, only Suman Limbu, Kamal Khawas, Vivek Rai, Jani Limbu and Roshan Limbu scored for Fidim. Dinesh Limbu and Naresh Limbu failed to score.
Prabin Rai of Mangsebung was declared Man of the Match. He received a cash prize of Rs 1,000 and a medal.
The winner of the competition organized by Atma Pavitra Hakchat Yakchum, Mangsengbu Ilam will get Rs. 3,00,168 in cash along with the title while the runner-up will get Rs.2,00,168.
The final of the tournament will be played on 3rd of December.
- Bikram Shrestha Elected Ilam DFA President, Mukta Bahadur Rana In Syanjha
- Ilam: Ward No. 6 & 3 Into The Semis Of Ilam Municipality Inter-Ward Tournament
- Ilam: Pathari Lift The Title Of Triveni Gold Cup
- Ilam: Pathari Into The Final Of Triveni Gold Cup
- Ilam: Letang FC Into The Semis Of Triveni Gold Cup
4th Mai Valley Gold Cup: Mai Valley FC Vs Kaski XI - MATCH HIGHLIGHTS